Week..err.. 3?

So I'm going to flat out tell you that I did not keep track of the days in which I have started. I am I believe on week three now and I definitely feel some sort of change. I'm not gonna lie but I've had some points where I struggled with foods as well as running.


I just came back from
my run a couple minutes ago and felt that it was necessary to record my immediate thoughts. I did not go to bed last night and went for my run at 5:45am. I am so tired and I think that is what made me struggle with my run today. Also I did not eat breakfast yet because I fear that I will get sick. (I will cover this in another post)


As for running, my breath recovery after each segment of my run is significantly better from when I first started. I felt myself gasping for air than now it isn't as much and taking longer deeper breath. What I have changed in my runs to make it LOADS easier on me is:


-keeping my chin up (open air passage)
-focus on running on the balls of your feet, DONT run flat footed and sacrifice your form!
-keep your fists unclenched. I read this in an article and decided to give it a go and this DEFINITELY made a difference especially if your notorious for putting your hands in fists when you run


I don't know why but my shins were SCREAMING. It wasn't like the usual shin splints and it may be due to the fact that I did not do proper stretching before my run which is completely necessary! ( I should know this because I fractured my bone during a soccer game by not stretching)


Tomorrow will be my off day for running but now I feel completely energized aside from the fact that I haven't gone to bed yet! =.=


STAY MOTIVATED!
nivi321 said...

Good tips, I always clench my fists and my arms really hurt after, I'll try unclenching them if I remember. I once didn't stretch either afterwards and my legs were hurting for like 3 days. You should try just jumping around, its fun and makes me happy :) also apparently it strengthens your bones.

Love your blog looks amazing

Latest Instagrams

© Nikasade. Design by Fearne.